Home » Investing in Excellence »Vol.4 No.1, 2010 Animal Agriculture » Currently Reading:

AAI DONATES $100,000 FOR SCHOLARSHIPS

By Barbara McBreen

The Agribusiness Association of Iowa (AAI) donated $100,000 to Iowa State University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences for scholarships on April 12.

The scholarships will be available to students enrolling at Iowa State and pursuing careers in agriculture. Students will be eligible for the scholarships beginning this fall and funds will be distributed over a five-year period. The AAI Scholarship Program will help recruitment efforts in the college and promote career opportunities in Iowa’s agricultural industries.

“The AAI scholarship program helps our college send a clear message to high school students that there are excellent opportunities in Iowa’s agriculture industries and that our college is the best pathway to these careers,” says David Acker, the college’s associate dean for academic and global programs.

The scholarships are targeted to attract students to agricultural industries and provide employment opportunities with AAI member companies.

“These scholarships are just one way we can support students and our future leaders in agriculture,” says Mark Reisinger, AAI corporate executive officer.

AAI was formed in 1994, as the result of a merger between the Iowa Grain and Feed Association and the Iowa Fertilizer and Chemical Association.

Comment on this Article:

STORIES

FROM THE DEAN – SPRING 2014

21 Jul 2014

3174

I was born and raised in Kansas, but Iowa is my home. I’ve come to know Iowa as a very special place. It’s where I’ve spent much of my life and career. It is a privilege to serve as the dean of agriculture at Iowa’s land grant university, on behalf …

FOREWORD – SPRING 2014

21 Jul 2014

3177

We’re all Iowans. Our time on campus unites us all as Iowans, if only for a few years. When I interview alumni, especially those from out of state, I always ask them what drew them to Iowa State and what made their time in Ames special. Some mention the picturesque, …