Home » Recipes »Side Dishes »Vol.5 No.2, 2011 Recipe for Success » Currently Reading:

Grilled Sweet Corn

November 21, 2011 Recipes, Side Dishes, Vol.5 No.2, 2011 Recipe for Success No Comments

–from the kitchen of Joe Hannan, extension horticulture field specialist

Directions:

Put unhusked ear on a hot grill.  Cook until hot. Rotate once halfway through.  Husk the corn and serve.  Cooking with the husk on prevents the kernels from getting singed and makes it easier to husk.  When the ear is husked after cooking, the silk comes off with the husk making it very easy to clean an ear.

Back to story: http://stories.cals.iastate.edu/2011/11/teaming-up-to-support-local-food-production/

Comment on this Article:

STORIES

FROM THE DEAN – SPRING 2014

21 Jul 2014

3174

I was born and raised in Kansas, but Iowa is my home. I’ve come to know Iowa as a very special place. It’s where I’ve spent much of my life and career. It is a privilege to serve as the dean of agriculture at Iowa’s land grant university, on behalf …

FOREWARD – SPRING 2014

21 Jul 2014

3177

We’re all Iowans. Our time on campus unites us all as Iowans, if only for a few years. When I interview alumni, especially those from out of state, I always ask them what drew them to Iowa State and what made their time in Ames special. Some mention the picturesque, …