Home » Entrees »Recipes »Vol.5 No.2, 2011 Recipe for Success » Currently Reading:

Iowa Grilled Turkey Tenderloin

November 21, 2011 Entrees, Recipes, Vol.5 No.2, 2011 Recipe for Success No Comments

– from the kitchen of Gretta Irwin, executive director Iowa Turkey Federation

Ingredients:

1 pound turkey tenderloins

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup dry sherry or red wine

2 tablespoons dehydrated onion

1/4 teaspoon ginger

Dash of pepper and garlic powder

Directions:

Wash hands.  Cut turkey into three to four ounce serving size.  Blend all ingredients together and marinate turkey in a covered container in the refrigerator for several hours.  Cook turkey as desired; grilled over hot coals six to eight minutes per side, broiled in the oven, bake, or in a table top grill. Cook until middle is no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 170º.  Serves four.

Back to story http://stories.cals.iastate.edu/2011/11/talking-turkey-for-more-than-60-years/

Comment on this Article:

STORIES

FROM THE DEAN – SPRING 2014

21 Jul 2014

3174

I was born and raised in Kansas, but Iowa is my home. I’ve come to know Iowa as a very special place. It’s where I’ve spent much of my life and career. It is a privilege to serve as the dean of agriculture at Iowa’s land grant university, on behalf …

FOREWORD – SPRING 2014

21 Jul 2014

3177

We’re all Iowans. Our time on campus unites us all as Iowans, if only for a few years. When I interview alumni, especially those from out of state, I always ask them what drew them to Iowa State and what made their time in Ames special. Some mention the picturesque, …