Home » Appetizers »Recipes »Vol.5 No.2, 2011 Recipe for Success » Currently Reading:

Spicy Edamame Pesto

November 21, 2011 Appetizers, Recipes, Vol.5 No.2, 2011 Recipe for Success No Comments

– From the kitchen of Phillip Canada (junior, culinary science) (Created for the Soyfoods Council by Phillip Canada Angie Gutierrez)

Ingredients:

½ cup edamame

¼ cup fresh basil leaves

¼ cup spinach

2 garlic cloves

¼ cup chopped walnuts

¼ cup oilve oil

2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce

½ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon pepper

¼ cup Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Wash basil and spinach to remove any excess dirt.  Place basil, spinach, edamame, garlic, walnuts, Tabasco sauce, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese in a food processor or blender and pulse five to seven times or until combined.  Turn processor or blender on full speed and slowly pour all the oil in a steady stream into the mixture. Serves 12 (½-ounce portions).

Back to story: http://stories.cals.iastate.edu/2011/11/interest-in-culinary-science-heats-up/

Comment on this Article:

STORIES

FROM THE DEAN – SPRING 2014

21 Jul 2014

3174

I was born and raised in Kansas, but Iowa is my home. I’ve come to know Iowa as a very special place. It’s where I’ve spent much of my life and career. It is a privilege to serve as the dean of agriculture at Iowa’s land grant university, on behalf …

FOREWARD – SPRING 2014

21 Jul 2014

3177

We’re all Iowans. Our time on campus unites us all as Iowans, if only for a few years. When I interview alumni, especially those from out of state, I always ask them what drew them to Iowa State and what made their time in Ames special. Some mention the picturesque, …