Hughes: Invest In ISU As Past Donors Invested In Us

“Iowa State University has been a great part of developing me into the person I am today. Like my grandparents and parents before us, my wife Megan and I met thanks to Iowa State. It is safe to say I wouldn’t be here without the relationships that developed because of the university.

I personally benefitted from the leadership experiences on the Agriculture Student Council, the President’s Leadership Class and FarmHouse Fraternity.  I was a recipient of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Scholarship of Excellence Award, and I viewed that award not as a gift, but as an investment the university and donors were making in me for the future.

My wife and I are thrilled to be able to give back to the university that gave us so much.  In the process of starting of family, a business and a homestead we still want to make Iowa State a priority in our lives, now and into the future.  My involvement with the college’s campaign is a continuation of support ISU has provided to our family and our family has provided to ISU for the past 75 years, with many more years to come.”

— Tom Hughes (’02 horticulture), Co-president Hughes Nursery and Landscaping, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Campaign Committee Member