Home » Investing in Excellence »Vol.5 No.1, 2011 Entrepreneurship » Currently Reading:

ENTREPRENEURIAL SCHOLARSHIPS: A SURE RETURN ON INVESTMENT

The college awards nearly $12,000 annually in entrepreneurial scholarships funded by private donors. The family of Leonard Hermanson (’25 dairy science) recently set up a scholarship program to support the top three student teams in the Entrepreneurship in Agriculture course. One of the Agricultural Entrepreneurship Initiative’s prestigious scholarships honors emeritus professor Robert Jolly who was the first director of the initiative (see story page nine). Ryan Pellett (’91 agricultural business) and his wife Susan endowed a scholarship for students with an aptitude and involvement in entrepreneurship. Carly Cummings, a junior in agricultural business minoring in international agriculture and entrepreneurial studies, received the most recent Pellet Family Scholarship.

Comment on this Article:

STORIES

FROM THE DEAN – SPRING 2014

21 Jul 2014

3174

I was born and raised in Kansas, but Iowa is my home. I’ve come to know Iowa as a very special place. It’s where I’ve spent much of my life and career. It is a privilege to serve as the dean of agriculture at Iowa’s land grant university, on behalf …

FOREWORD – SPRING 2014

21 Jul 2014

3177

We’re all Iowans. Our time on campus unites us all as Iowans, if only for a few years. When I interview alumni, especially those from out of state, I always ask them what drew them to Iowa State and what made their time in Ames special. Some mention the picturesque, …