May Beef Month: Stephanie Hansen Shares a Favorite Recipe
May is Beef Month. We asked Stephanie Hansen, animal science, who conducts beef nutrition research, to share one of her favorite beef recipes.
Stephanie Hansen’s Spicy Beefy Enchiladas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1-2 diced fresh jalapeno peppers
- ¼ cup water
- 1 package hot and spicy taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 flour tortillas
Preheat oven to 350F. In skillet, cook the ground beef and jalapeno pepper until the beef is evenly brown. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Simmer until water has evaporated. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together yogurt/sour cream, soup and cheese. Divide the meat mixture between tortillas. Spoon cheese mixture over meat and roll up. Place in a foil-lined baking dish. Spoon remaining cheese mixture over the top of the tortillas. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.